Friday, May 16, 2014

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible" - by Janelle

Going on this trip was just truly amazing. I really don't believe I can come up with words to describe how magical and breathtaking it is in Disneyland, because all those memories and lessons were just an amazing thing to experience. This will be a trip I will never ever forget!

"I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it." - Walt Disney

With the YES program, I learned so much about being a leader that I never knew about. Before Disneyland, I don't think I could exactly say what I think a leader is. After the trip, I learned we need to be creative, constant, confident, and curious. I learned that there will always be somebody there, someone trying to knock you off your track to success because they know you have the ability get there someday. People will throw negative words and actions at you, but you can't let that affect you and your legacy. We've all got big dreams inside of us, we may not know it yet. 


Walt Disney once said, "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." And it really is. I think that my favourite part of the leadership training by far was when we had to draw down what our goals in life were, and a couple words describing what it related to. Then we were told to write "IMPOSSIBLE" on our dream. Now that really sticks in your brain. You can choose to let it throw you off track, or you can use it as motivation. Even the word itself says, "I'm Possible."

I will never forget the amazing things that the YES program taught us, and these training sessions really have made an impact on my life and the kind of leader I want my peers to see me as. Everybody wants to leave a legacy.

Thank you so much to Mrs. Becker, the YES program, and all of Disneyland for an amazing experience! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment